1- All artists of any nationality and age can participate in this call, being these individuals or groups, presenting their project within the stipulated terms of these rules.
2- Participants must present the design of a mural for the Èpica Foundation, a multidisciplinary learning environment around the performing arts.
3- The concept of the mural must be related to the Èpica Foundation’s logo, which may be modified or reinterpreted at the artist’s will. Other topics may also be presented, provided that the proposal is linked to the graphic representation of the school and its methodology (For more information, visit epicalab.com/epica)
4- The mural will be made with the material provided by the centre, which can be seen in the attached catalog. If the artist needs to use other materials, they must be contributed by them.
5- The measurements of the mural should be 9 meters wide and 4 meters high. Designs must be presented at an appropriate scale.
6- The artists have to present the documentation of their proposal, including the image of the project executed in the technique they choose (sketch, technical drawing, photomontage…) and accompany it with the following information:
– Justification of the project </ p>
– Technical description </ p>
– Calendar </ p>
– Artist’s Statement </ p>
7- The winning design will be chosen by the Èpica Direction. The artistic value of the proposal, the use of the materials provided and the connection of the proposal with the centre will be taken into account.
Proposals will be considered as suitable by the jury as long as:
1. The artists deliver all documentation in digital format, by email to email@example.com , indicating in the subject “Call for artists”, before March 16th, 2018.
2. The artist or collective commit to carry out the project between April 1st and June 30th, 2018.
3. The proposal presented is technically feasible and within the agreed deadlines and defined in the artist’s calendar.
4. The artists and / or participating collectives accept to give, in a non-exclusive way, the images of their projects to the Èpica Foundation, for communicative use.
5. The winning project will have give the rights of their work, in a non-exclusive way, to the Èpica Foundation.
The prize consists of:
1. Access to the facilities and tools available at the Foundation’s workshop, between April 1st and Junte 30th 2018, in the manufacturing process.
2. A cash prize of €500 (fees included), which will be delivered in two phases. 50% on acceptance and 50% upon completion of the work’s installation.
3. The project will be installed in the Èpica Foundation for at least 1 year.
February 1st to March 15th, 2018
Èpica Foundation (Calle Velázquez 36-56, Badalona)